Thursday, March 14, 2013

Daily wax melts March 4th 2013

-Heavenleigh Apothecary Serendipitous in the bedroom (24W hot plate). This smelled so good in the cup but it did have next to no throw at all. so far I haven´t had the best luck with the wax from HA!

-CFTKR Fairy Garden in the first floor (24W hot plate). A really good citrus-floral blend. It´s a lovely choice for the spring. This was only about medium strong which is great with me as it probably would have cause a headache if it was stronger. Lasted through most of the day.

-The Bathing Garden Blue Raspberry Hearts in the kitchen (2 cubes, tea light). This is a refreshing blue raspberry scent (it has an almost menthol-y quality to it) layered over a sweet marshmallow. I wasn´t sure if I was going to like this but it was pretty good when warmed up.
Throw was medium and lasting power was good!

-Granny´s Kountry Candles Simmering Ribbon Melt (bakery) in the living room (tea light). This is basically wax brittle made from whatever is left over when pouring the simmering melts. I got this bakery variety as a freebie last time and it was nice on cold sniff and pretty strong hot but most of GKC´s bakery scents have a weird undertone I just can´t stand. I can´t put my finger on it, maybe a slight perfume-y note or something. Anyway...not a favorite!

-HHS Granmas Toasted Marshmallow (2 tarts) in the living room (24W hot plate). First off the color was a bit weird for this scent lol but I felt it was a refreshing change from the usual white, pink and brown colors most zuke bread/marshmallow blends have...the throw was strong and the scent was amazing! A sweet fluffy creamy zucchini bread. Awesome! Lasting power was good, about 6-7 hours I´d say.

-Front Porch Mexican Fried Pink Ice Cream in the living room (24W hot plate, 2 tarts). I didn´t care too much for this on cold sniff (it has that weird buttery undertone that I don´t like) but it was really nice when warmed up. A sweet creamy scent with a hint of pink sugar.

1 comment: